/John Bolton re-opens Twitter account, says White House withheld his access

John Bolton re-opens Twitter account, says White House withheld his access

President Donald Trump and then-National Security Adviser John Bolton in February.

WASHINGTON – Former National Security Adviser John Bolton – a potential witness in the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump – resumed tweeting Friday and appeared to issue a threat to Trump.

“Since resigning as National Security Advisor, the @WhiteHouse refused to return access to my personal Twitter account,” Bolton tweeted. “Out of fear of what I may say? To those who speculated I went into hiding, I’m sorry to disappoint!”

Bolton did not elaborate on what he might “say” with respect to the investigation of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, the subject of the ongoing impeachment inquiry in the House.

He sent an equally cryptic tweet earlier in the day: “We have now liberated the Twitter account, previously suppressed unfairly in the aftermath of my resignation as National Security Advisor. More to come…..”

House Democrats in charge of the investigation are seeking to bring in Bolton as a witness; so far, the national security adviser who left the administration in September has not said whether he will cooperate.

Trump had nothing but nice things to say about Bolton during a morning interview on Fox & Friends, saying “I actually had a good relationship with John. We disagreed on some things and some methods, but I actually had a good relationship.”